Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Best Pickle Ever!

I saw that Tammy posted a pickle recipe, so I thought I would put my favorite up.  I found this recipe on the web as a Claussen type of pickle.  I tweaked it to my taste:



Claussen Pickle Recipe
4 Quart Jars

Ingredients

  • ·  Cucumbers to fill the jars
  • 1/3 cup instant minced onion
  • 6 garlic cloves, minced
  •  1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
  • 4-8 heads fresh dill (put 2 small ones or 1 large one in each jar!)
  • 1 dried hot pepper for each jar
  •  1 1/2 quarts waters
  • 2 cups cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup canning salt


Directions

  1. Slice your cucumbers how you like them (slices, quarters, halves, or just leave them whole!  I've tried them each way and it doesn't seem to make a difference.)  Add the dill and hot pepper with the cucumbers into the jars.
  2. Boil liquids and seasonings to dissolve the salt then cool.  
  3. Pour the liquid over the pickles and let sit on the counter turning them occasionally for three days.
  4. Place in the fridge.  You can do a taste test in a week or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment