Thursday, September 30, 2010

Coffee Cake


I got this tasty recipe from a cookbook put together by my oncologist's office.  Hey, one never knows where a good recipe will turn up. I love a good coffee cake that doesn't require a bucket of coffee to wash it down.  




Coffee Cake
Batter:
1/2 cup soft butter
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 pint of sour cream


Combine butter, sugar and eggs.  Beat well.  In sifter, combine salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour.  Mix to the above mixture along with the sour cream.  


Crumbs: (the best part!)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup chopped 
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon


Combine sugar, cinnamon and nuts.  Put 1/2 batter in a greased tube pan and put 1/2 of the crumb mixture on top.  Then the remaining batter and top with the remaining crumbs.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.  Allow to cool for 10 min and flip onto cake plate.
ENJOY!

I was honored to share this cake with my friends at the YMCA who participate in my water aerobics class.  On this particular day we were celebrating the 80th birthday of one of the participants.  




No comments:

Post a Comment